GSA Supply Advantages
Procurement Advantages Using GSA Schedules
- Need not seek competition outside of GSA Schedules
- Pre-negotiated Pricing
- Shorter lead-times
- Lower administrative costs
- Meets small business goals
- Compliance with enviro / socioeconomic regulations
- "Best Value" not Lowest Price purchases
- Orders are considered full and open competition
- The GSA schedules (multiple award schedules) program establishes long-term government wide contracts with commercial firms. These contracts provide federal agencies with access to over 4 million commercial services and products including mezzanines and pallet rack shelving, among others. GSA schedules provide customers with state-of-the-art, high-quality commercial services and products at volume discount pricing. Products and services are delivered directly to the customer.
- GSA schedules also offer the potential benefits of shorter lead-times, lower administrative costs, and reduced inventories. When using GSA schedules, ordering activities have the opportunity to meet small business goals, while promoting compliance with various environmental and socioeconomic laws and regulations.
Orders placed against GSA multiple award schedule (Schedule) contracts, using the procedures in federal acquisition regulation (FAR) 8.4, are considered to be issued using full and open competition (see FAR 6.102(d)(3)). Ordering activities need not seek competition outside of GSA schedules or synopsize the requirement. In addition, ordering activities are not required to make a separate determination of fair and reasonable pricing, except for the price evaluation required by FAR 8.405-2(d) when ordering services requiring a statement of work.
By placing an order against a GSA schedule contract using the procedures in this section, the ordering activity has concluded that the order represents the best value and results in the lowest overall cost alternative to meet the government's needs.
Although GSA has already negotiated fair and reasonable pricing, ordering activities may seek additional discounts before placing an order.